Jointly organized by Civil Division (CVD) & Geotechnical Division (GED)
14 – 18 June 2023
Shanghai (details refer to Flyer)
Shanghai Tunnel (Hong Kong) Co Ltd
The HKIE Civil Division and Geotechnical Division are co-organising a delegation to visit Shanghai between 14 and 18 June 2023. The visit aims at enriching Hong Kong engineers’ knowledge on smart city planning, such as transportation infrastructure management and municipal services, as well as digital technologies adopted for Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) and tunnelling projects. The delegation will visit a range of smart facilities and leading university to embrace the latest technologies and concepts for creating a livable, sustainable and digital city livelihood. Participants will be enlightened on insights and initiatives to design and construct smart infrastructures and building developments. Sharing some similarities with Hong Kong in this context, Shanghai’s experiences are highly relevant and applicable to us.
Mandarin (Presentation materials will be in Chinese)
HK$4,900 per person including airfare (economy class), hotel accommodation (twin room(1) – shared with one other participant), transport(2) and meals (breakfasts only(3)) during the visit.
(1) Upon successful application, participant may opt for a single room, with an additional fee of HK$1,680
(2) Self-arranged trip before/during/after the visit is not covered.
(3) All lunch and dinner during the visit are self-financed by participants
Registration & Enquiries
- The maximum number of participants is limited to 20 on a first-come first-served basis with priority given to members of the Civil & Geotechnical Division.
- Successful applicants will be notified on or before 5 May 2023 by email. Upon notification, the registration fee (HK$4,900 for twin room or HK$6,580 for single room) shall be paid to the HKIE Civil Division through bank transfer. Details of the payment arrangement will be provided in the notification email to successful applicants. Note that the fees are non-refundable after payment is made should the registrant not join the trip for whatever reasons.
- Application is now open for applicant to enroll for the visit. Please apply online via the following link: https://forms.gle/syVR5HuxwsAphJfH9.
- Deadline of application is 12 May 2023.
- Please visit the HKIE Civil Division website https://www.hkie-cv.org/p/event/772 for details.
- Only successful applicants will be notified on or before 15 May 2023.
- An attendance certificate will be issued to participants after the event.
For enquiries, please contact Ir Warren DOU at Tel: 2283 1688 or via email: email@example.com or Ir Roy HUNG via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.