Date - 20 August 2022 (Saturday), 08:45am –11:45am
Assembly at Fanling MTR Station: Exit “A”
To ease pressure on developed areas and to meet the demand for land arising from population growth, the development of Kwu Tung North (KTN) / Fanling North New Development Areas (NDAs) was listed as one of the major infrastructure projects. Capitalising on its strategic location in proximity to the railway link, highways and the existing Boundary Control Points, and respecting the rich natural and ecological resources within the area, the KTN NDA is proposed to be developed as a ‘Mixed Development Node’ with a mix of residential, commercial, research and development, and agricultural uses as well as retail and services, community and government facilities and land for natural and ecological conservation.
This site visit will begin with a brief introduction of the Kwu Tung North New Development Area Project and the application of Construction 2.0. It is then followed by a visit to the arsenic treatment plant and the construction of service reservoirs at Kwu Tung. A Q&A session will be hosted by the project team after the site walk.
Free of charge
Registration & Enquiries
- The maximum number of participants is limited to 25 on a first-come first-served basis with priority given to members of HKIE Civil Division
- Applicants who have already successfully registered to or participated in more than FIVE (5) visits organised by Civil Division in the session 2021-22 will be given lower priority during the process of registration.
- Please visit the HKIE Civil Division website https://www.hkie-cv.org/p/event/733 for online registration.
- Applicants are required to provide YOUR COMPANY NAME and YOUR POSITION by email to firstname.lastname@example.org after registration. Please use the email you provided in the registration.
- Only successful applicants will be notified on or before the visit.
For enquiries, please contact Miss Winnie Ng at 6291 9703 or via email: email@example.com.