1 April 2023 (Saturday), 09:00am –11:30am
Yau Tong Community Liaison Centre
The Tseung Kwan O - Lam Tin Tunnel (TKO-LTT), which forms the eastern section of the Route 6, is a 3.8 kilometer (km) long dual two-lane carriageway of which 2.2km is in the form of tunnel. The TKO-LTT connects Cha Kwo Ling Road and Eastern Harbour Crossing, as well as the Trunk Road T2 and Cha Kwo Ling Tunnel in Kwun Tong which is under construction. It connects in the east Po Shun Road in Tseung Kwan O and Cross Bay Link, Tseung Kwan O (CBL). There is an interchange at each tunnel portal viz. the Lam Tin Interchange beside the Eastern Harbour Crossing Toll Plaza and the Tseung Kwan O Interchange at Junk Bay.
The project comprising the construction of the main tunnel of the TKO-LTT, construction of tunnel portal facilities and ventilation building at TKO, construction of slip roads, branch tunnels, viaducts, Lam Tin Interchange, tunnel portal facilities, ventilation building and administration building at Kwun Tong, and implementation of the associated building, civil, structural, marine, electrical and mechanical, landscaping and environmental protection and mitigation works.
In the technical visit, an introduction will be given on the project background, an opportunity to understand the challenges of the TKO-LTT and how the team has overcome the technical and logistic challenges in a densely populated environment. Then it is followed by a site walk to Lam Tin Interchange.
Free of charge
Registration & Enquiries
- The maximum number of participants is limited to 20 on a first-come first-served basis with priority given to members of the Civil Division.
- Applicants who have already successfully registered to or participated in more than FIVE (5) visits organized by Civil Division in the session 2022-23 will be given lower priority during the process of registration.
- Interested applicants are required to register by filling the google form: https://forms.gle/W5NZSaqYoyGfxbD36.
- Only successful applicants will be notified on or before the visit.
- An attendance certificate will be issued to participants after the site visit.
For enquiries, please contact Miss Sarita Chan via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.