Site Visit – CEDD Contract No.: ED/2018/05 Kai Tak development – Stage 5B Infrastructure Works at the Former North Apron Area - Subway Construction by Rectangular Tunnel Boring Machine (RTBM)
Date - 12 August 2023 (Saturday), 09:15am –11:30am
Pickup point near Sung Wong Toi MTR Station – Exit D (Gathering Time: 9:00am)
Kai Tak Development (KTD) is a huge and highly complex development project spanning a total planning area of over 320 hectares covering the ex-airport site together with the adjoining hinterland districts of Kowloon City, Wong Tai Sin and Kwun Tong. ED/2018/05 is one of the Contracts under the KTD, this Contract includes the following works:
- Construction of a section of dual two-lane Road D1 of about 540 metres (m) long connecting Olympic Avenue;
- construction of a pedestrian subway SB-01 of about 120 m long across Prince Edward Road East connecting Kowloon City and the future Underground Shopping Street in Kai Tak Development;
- renovation of the existing pedestrian subways KS9, KS10 and KS32, as well as modification of the southern end of the existing pedestrian subway KS10; and
- implementation of environmental mitigation measures and related environmental monitoring and audit programme for the works.
Free of charge
Registration & Enquiries
- The maximum number of participants is limited to 25 on a first-come first-served basis with priority given to members of HKIE Civil Division.
- Applicants who have already successfully registered to or participated in more than FIVE (5) visits organised by Civil Division in the session 2023-24 will be given lower priority during the process of registration.
- Interested applicants are required to registered by filling the google form: https://forms.gle/bVoLaerJ4S9eEVL48
- Only successful applicants will be notified on or before the visit.
For enquiries, please contact Miss Sarita Chan via email: email@example.com.