13/WSD/17 - Design, Build and Operate First Stage of Tseung Kwan O Desalination Plant
Date, time & venue
15th April 2021 (Thursday), 18:30-20:00, Seminar via Zoom Meeting
HKIE Civil Division
Water Supplies Department (WSD) promulgated the Total Water Management Strategy (the Strategy) in 2008 which mapped out the strategy for sustainable use of water. WSD then completed a review on the Strategy in 2019. Tseung Kwan O Desalination Plant (the Plant) is one of the measures to build resilience in fresh water supply. Reverse Osmosis (RO) technology is adopted to remove salts and impurities from seawater. This seminar will present how WSD decided to implement the Plant. First stage of the Plant and its design under Contract No. 13/WSD/17 will also be introduced.
Free of Charge.
- Mr. Tang Tai LIN, Senior Engineer of WSD Master of Public Administration, MHKIE(Civil) - Mr. Lin has over 20 years of experience in implementation of a variety of engineering projects, operation and management of waterworks installations and formulation of water supply related policies in Hong Kong
- Ir Roger WU, Chief Resident Engineer of Binnies Hong Kong Ltd. - Master of Science (Civil Engineering), MHKIE(Civil and Structural). Mr. Wu has over 27 years of experience in a wide range of waterworks projects from design to construction, including Ma On Shan Water Treatment Works, Tai Po Water Treatment Works Expansion, Water Supply to South East Kowloon Development Stage I and Replacement and Rehabilitation of Water Mains Stage 1 and Stage 3. Since December 2019, he has been leading a team of Resident Site Staff to ensure the timely completion of TKO Desalination Plant while complying with the performance criteria.
- Mr. Jose BIDAURRAZAGA, Design Manager of AJC Joint Venture - Master of Engineering (Chemical Engineering). Mr. Bidaurrazaga has 20 years of experience in the desalination industry. He is the Design Manager for TKO desalination plant. Being a Master Technical Leader for desalination in Acciona, He has involved in the design of key desalination plants for Acciona, including Beckton (150MLD brackish water desalination plant taking water from Thames River to supply London; designed for large variations in salinity due to tide influence), Adelaide (300MLD seawater desalination plant, first large-scale plant with ultrafiltration as pretreatment; the plant ensures drinking water availability for Adelaide, Australia, during drought events) and Ras Abu Fontas (164MLD seawater desalination plant; first large-scale RO plant in Qatar; designed for high seawater temperature).
- Registration & Enquiries - Email registration will not be accepted. Successful applicants will be informed by email and provided a link to the Zoom Meeting at the designated time slot. Participants need to sign in using the membership no. and name entered at the time of registration. A CPD certificate will be issued 2 weeks after the seminar based on this membership no. and name.
- Please complete the on-line registration at http://www.hkie-cv.org/. The number of participants is limited to 500 on a first-come-first served basis. Priority will be given to members of the Civil Division.
For enquiries, please contact Mr. Vincent Tam via email: email@example.com
* Please fill out this form completely