Technical Visit to Kai Tak development – Infrastructure Works for Developments at the Southern Part of the Former Runway (Contract No. KL/2014/01)
Date, time & venue
2018-06-02;9:30am to 12:00pm;Kowloon Bay Station Exit A
The Kai Tak development –Infrastructure Works for Developments at the Southern Part of the Former Runway mainly comprises works at the former runway:-
- realignment and widening of the existing single 2-lane Shing Fung Road to form a dual 2-lane distributor road of about 1.4 kilometres (km) long;
- associated single 2-lane roads (including a vehicular underpass) with a total length of about 0.6 km branching off from the realigned Shing Fung Road to the sites along the road;
- an elevated landscaped deck with lifts and staircases of about 1.4 km long with minimum 11 metres (m) in width above the realigned Shing Fung Road serving as part of a semi-enclosure noise barrier and also as a public open space; and
- roadside noise barriers with a total length of about 1.1 km long alongside the realigned Shing Fung Road and integrated with the elevated landscaped deck;
The other works of Contract KL/2014/01 includes upgrading of the existing single 2-lane carriageway of about 0.3 km long on Kai Tak Bridge to a dual 2-lane carriageway, improvement to three existing road junctions along Wang Chiu Road at its junctions with Kai Cheung Road, Lam Hing Street and Sheung Yee Road in Kowloon Bay, construction of associated footpaths, pedestrian streets, street lighting, traffic aids, drainage, sewerage, water mains, landscaping and ancillary works, and implementation of environmental mitigation measures and an environmental monitoring and audit programme for the works mentioned above.
This technical visit will start with a brief introduction to KL/2014/01 and follow by site walk to major facilities on site.
Free of charge
Registration & Enquiries
- Number of participants is limited to 20 on a first-come first-served basis with priority given to members of HKIE Civil Division.
- Applicants who have already successfully registered to or participated in more than FIVE (5) visits organised by Civil Division in the session 2017-18 will be given lower priority during the process of registration.
- Please visit the HKIE website http://cv.hkie.org.hk for online registration.
- Only successful applicants will be notified on or before 28 May 2018.
For enquiries, please contact Mr. Timothy Wong at Tel: 6926 1176 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please fill out this form completely