Nurturing the Young –

Innovation for Sustainability

Events and Activities

[FULL] Technical Visit to Stonecutters Island Sewage Treatment Works (Harbour Area Treatment Scheme (HATS) Stage 2A)

Date, time & venue 
2016-12-10;9:30 am –12:00 noon;Gather at 9:20am at Cheung Sha Wan MTR Station, Exit A1 for group shuttle bus (please refer to the map provided)

 

Programme Highlight

Harbour Area Treatment Scheme (HATS) Stage 2A is a continuation of HATS Stage 1 which began service in late 2001. Whilst HATS Stage 1 system is currently treating 75% of the sewage generated from the harbour areas, Stage 2A is targeted to provide treatment to the remaining 25% of sewage from the northern and south western parts of Hong Kong Island.

 

Upgrading works for Stonecutters Island Treatment Works (SCISTW) is one of the key elements of HATS, which includes the construction of the World’s largest underground pumping station for chemically enhanced primary treatment works, a tunnel connecting the existing and the new pumping stations, 8 nos. of additional double-tray sedimentation tanks, new sludge dewatering facilities, a new effluent tunnel, 9 nos. of deodorisation units, disinfection facilities, covers to existing sedimentation tanks, a new control system, and other ancillary facilities.

 

Fee

Free of charge

 

Registration & Enquiries

  • Number of participants is limited to 20 on a first-come first-served basis with priority given to members of HKIE Civil Division.

  • Applicants who have already successfully registered to or participated in more than FIVE (5) visits organised by Civil Division in the session 2016-17 will be given lower priority during the process of registration.

  • Please visit the HKIE website http://cv.hkie.org.hk for online registration.

  • Only successful applicants will be notified on or before 28 November 2016.

For enquiries, please contact Ms. Lily Tsang at Tel: 68245160 or via email: enq.cvd.hkie@gmail.com.

Registration
* Please fill out this form completely